Unclaimed Water Refunds

Every year Finance compiles a list of undeliverable refund checks from closed water accounts.  These checks were issued at least five years ago.   Each customer on the list is sent a letter to claim their refund.  If the refund is claimed, then a new check is reissued to the customer.  For refunds that are not claimed, then the funds are sent to the State of Georgia as unclaimed property.  

For refunds sent to the State of Georgia, please use the following avenues to file a claim:

Phone 1-855-329-9863

Email ucp.claims@dor.ga.gov